Monday, September 11

GSLC shadowbox with Canvas Corp

Hi All,
This month we have been lucky enough to do a product swap with Canvas Corp. I have used the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Deco Front Shadowbox as my base, and Canvas Corp products to embellish the inside.



First, I coated all my pieces with gesso, then assembled the shadowbox and adhered together.





I covered the inner board with 7Gypsies paper and distressed the edges. I then added some parchment rub ons to the base. This included a title for my piece.  I then built up layers using various textures from Canvas Corp. This included canvas (which I treated with paint mists, and frayed the edges), hessian, tags and textured stickers. I used a stock photo from the 7Gypsies Architexture paper. I adhered this over the top of the layers using a layer of foam dots.








Meanwhile, I added colour to my shadowbox base using paint mists. I started with light colours and heat set between layers to prevent too much bleeding while I built up the colours. I then added a coat of metallic embossing powder around the inner edge of the frame. This added texture and a little shimmer. but also disguised the tabs where the side panels attach to the front of the frame.









Once everything was dry, I adhered the base into the shadowbox using a triple layer of foam dots. I added some extra texture using some sandy glitter mix.









Finally I added a few small flowers with gauze to the different layers of the project.



Supplies used:
GSLC Deco Front Shadowbox

Canvas Corp 7 Gypsies Architexture paper collection
Canvas Corp 7 Gypsies Architexture parchment rubons
Canvas Corp 7 Gypsies Architexture  texture stickers





No comments: